Success & SCAMS!

Hello Again!
I know it's been awhile but I have FINALLY moved to Austin, Texas and I feel right at home! Also the weather today has been wonderful so I thought to myself, "Time to stay indoors and find auditions!"

A lot has happened since moving here. I got rejected(BADLY) by a top talent agent. Got new headshots:
 

Got cast on a couple of projects, but there's one I really want to talk about......

So, I'm not into bashing companies and people because that is not in my nature...so as much as I want to...I'll leave out their names(even though I really REALLY want to put them down!). But if you're in the Houston area I wouldn't mind telling you the company name in an email. Anyways....

I got an audition about a company who's looking for talent,no experience necessary, and it pays(RED FLAG #1). So I go to the building and there's a young man ahead of me and I can hear his audition pretty well. I get handed the same sides as he did to look over as I wait. Once it's my turn I read for this woman and a younger gentleman. They both like me but I hear her say that I "might need training" (RED FLAG #2). I talk withe the director of the shows that they are producing and he explains that I'll get paid once the 3rd episode airs on local Houston TV networks and it would be a minimum of $100 per episode. I was fine t this point until he mentions that they have workshops every other Sunday by the actor who nobody's even heard of(I think he was on a Burger King Commercial once...) and it'll only cost $600!!!(RED FLAG #3 & #4!!!)

But even with all of that being said and all of these red flags being set off in my brain...I still go through with it. :/ The first deposit was $200 and I ended up paying another $100 at the second workshop, totaling $300. After having went to three workshops where the "director" would "teach" us by going through exercises he found on google and never seeing the Burger King guy once I decided to look up on of the shows they were producing. After coming up short I looked up the "directors" name and found a video on youtube with, you guessed it, a young woman talking about how she worked for them and its a scam! The next morning I called the "producer" who's over everything and asked about how much I would be getting payed exactly...no straight answer was given. :/

So now I'm writing this post hours after I emailed them saying I would not be coming in tomorrow for film of the first episode. Lesson?...

TRUST YOUR GUT! I knew something was wrong, yet I still let them take my money and most importantly my time & talent! I'm way smarter than that and I know you guys reading this are too!

I will be making youtube videos soon about my life and clips from set so look out for that, and also look out for more post on this blog!

Until next time, Break a Leg!
Ally

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biggest Audition of My Life! (so far...)

The Working Actress

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 Parody!