Pre-Pilot Season:



Today has been a roller coaster ride. And I believe I'm capable of finally putting together a decent post, so I'll continue.

I woke up from a very…interesting dream, to say the least. I wouldn't say "wet" but definitely intimate - if not leaning towards sexual. It involved me and a former classmate that I never even considered a friend. I simply knew him because we had mutual friends, plus he was slightly annoying. Anyway, I bring it up because I feel that dream was a prelude to an email I received today.

I booking a gig on a short film **insert applause** that I actually forgot about. Even though I submitted my video on the 4th (I think) I had a pretty busy video submission week . Actually the beginning of this month has been me hustling to get auditions then recording myself everyday to get them sent in a timely manner. I really do have a love/hate relationship with video submissions. I love the intimacy and control of being able to take more risk then submitting your best take, but nothing beats being face-to-face with the writer/director/producer/casting agent/ect. and just being in the moment. Plus you get feedback on how to improve the scene, something my camera can't do.

So the reason I bring up the dream is because they asked if I had a problem being in my bra & panties for the scene. I don't…

Okay, so I don't really have a legitimate reason why I brought up the dream. I think I just wanted to share because I haven't had a dream in weeks (from not being able to sleep)and I thought it was funny that I dream about something like that. :) 


So a couple of minutes after I received that email I get contacted from an LA talent agent I reached out to (!!!!!). They wanted to know if I was in LA or Texas at the moment. :( :( :( I already know where this was going so I told the I'm currently in Texas. "So sorry, Ally, but we only can represent local talent right now." :( :( :( :( :( Yea, that's what I was dreading. So I thanked them for their time and immediately after I sent the email something just…CLICKED! "Why am I not in LA?!?!?!

In the past I've dreamed about heading out to LA for pilot season and "getting my feet wet" in the LA market, but over time I just forgot about it. But now that dream doesn't seem like a dream anymore, now it's a reality. If I plan right I can go to Cali in the beginning of the year and have that agency represent me and get me some auditions! It may sound unrealistic but I'm too excited about my new goal to care. By then I'll have a demo reel and hopefully a few more credits under my belt.

So now I have a new goal, and it feels FCKing amazing. I've been in a weird purgatory state, between amazing and…blah. It's just nice to have a clear vision for where I see myself next year, which is crazy because it's still July!

After I film in October I'm going to reach out to that agency again, and possibly a few other. I'm also going to do some research on pilot season so I'll be well equipped :) I'm happy again.

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biggest Audition of My Life! (so far...)

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 Parody!

Does 4am really exist?